Saturday, October 6, 2012

Is It Better To Be Big or Skinny?

I've noticed that on different blogs, if skinny girls are featured on the blog, many people attack them of either being "un-african" of bags of bones, and I've heard this one many times "thick rules, only dogs settle for bones".

I think I have a right to address this issue as I'm not big nor skinny, I'm in between (a uk size 10) so, I'll have to say the following;

1) For a very long time, skinnier girls have been seen as an epitome of beauty and elegance; beauty pageants, music videos, adverts etc and bigger girls have been stung hard by this and always find a way to boost their esteem by teasing smaller girls, trying to make them feel bad about themselves.

2)Traditionally, in our african culture, a fuller figure has been more favoured, but ever since we've been penetrated by the "western" culture (which worships slenderness) skinniness has been recently favoured.

3) So, I earlier stated that I've heard people say this a couple of times "thick rules, only dogs settle for bones" does it mean that skinny girls don't deserve to be with men? Or men with skinny spouses are dogs?

And also, how come there are no plus size super models? How come over 70% of women that are succesful in the entertainment industry (hollywood) are skinny, does it mean bigger girls aren't talented enough?

I'm trying to see things through both sides, I want to know your reader's opinion on this matter.

Thankyou,

A Faithful Blog-reader

No comments:

Post a Comment