Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Funmi Lawal Speaks- My Fund Raising is Not a Scam


I have received not less than four mails today about Funmi Lawal’s N4m fund raising awareness for a surgery she needs urgently. Some people have called it a scam and asked I investigate.
Someone said and I quote; ‘If Funmi was truly sick, why can’t she take a full picture of herself showing her face and the infected arm together’ bla bla bla...

I also got tired of reading mails that said, Ladun please investigate, it’s a scam. So I got in touch with Funmi and she didn’t know may be she should cry or laugh. She said she is aware of the different broadcasts on BBM and it has left her heart broken. ‘I truly need the surgery, and Nigerians have helped me with N2.6m so far’, Funmi said.

I also asked her about Don Jazzy’s donation and she said. ‘I got a call from the Marvin crew yesterday and they asked me if my account was credited with N2M, I told them I wasn’t sure because I don’t receive alerts. I asked my brother to get in touch with GTB Bank and they told him, it was credited.
I also asked her if any other notable Nigerian has donated anything, she said no, just Don Jazzy for now. As at yesterday, the money was only N600, 000 before Don Jazzy added his N2M.

No comments:

Post a Comment