Tuesday, April 5, 2011

RIP Otunba Kazeem Badmus


In White Attire With Fredrick Fasheun
This is nothing, but just my personal feeling.  I didn’t know until the day before yesterday when my brother told me Otunba kazeem Badmus has passed on. This to me and till now is still very painful. This is a man i knew from nowhere, but only knew he was the Vice president of OPC. I had an event last year, [celebrating an icon deserving], and on my list I thought of people that I think should attend the event and support us financially. Cuz if we think you are worth celebrating, we don’t receive a naira from you, by so doing, I think receiving money from the celebrant means, he his buying us over. This man was also on my list, and when I went to see him in person, not knowing me, just by explanation and a little proof, he welcomed me, and said are you sure you can do this all by yourself? I said yes sir, and that was all he needed. He supported us both financially and physically. I later went back to drop an invitation for him, telling him, we would like him to be there in person.  And to our surprise, this man came to the event without a single phone call from the man I was celebrating, [of course he knows him] and his presence was felt everywhere. In a nutshell, he wasn’t the only VIP I went to meet, some turned me down, some supported, and some didn’t support and still came though, lol. But it is sad that he is no longer alive today. He was only 44. I remember him today for the support he gave me when I needed it. May the Lord grant him eternal rest. And thank you for believing in the youths sir. Hoping some VIPs will read this, and learn to give support to the young ones, life is too short.
For people who don’t know him, here is a quick review of him and how The NATION reported his death.
The Vice President of Oodua Peoples Congress, Otunba Kazeem Badmus a.k.a. Kosija, aged 44 years is dead.
Badmus who became the Vice President of the OPC on August 21, 2008, died in a Lagos hospital on March 17, 2011 after a brief illness. He is survived by his aged parents, wife and three children.
The founder and president of the organization, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun described the sudden demise of his vice as very shocking and painful, adding that the organization had lost one of its best officers and true patriots at a time he was most needed.
The late OPC leader who was a UN Peace Ambassador would be greatly missed by the OPC faithfuls for his peace-loving approach to issues and his candid opinion for purposeful leadership, according to the national publicity secretary of the organization, Comrade Edward Olusola Ajayi.

No comments:

Post a Comment