Friday, February 4, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: Details On Fresh Crisis Rocking Dagrin's Movie

It will be recalled that Tunde who managed Dagrin’s career while alive , sent out a press release at the beginning of this week asking people to desist from the yet to be released  Stingomania’s Ghetto Dreamz, a movie which will portray the life and times of the late rapper. In another like manner, a faceless group have been sending a message via blackberry mobile stating almost the same reason. In a broadcast sent to me, it says,

‘Pls desist from the new Dagrin Movie in progress, auditions and movie recording is a scam purported by Ope Banwo of stingomania fame. Dagrin’s family are still in abject poverty. The fact is you can’t reap where you did not sow. Nigerian artistes and the general public should stop this act’
To clear the air waves, I placed a call to Mr. Ope Banwo at exactly 6.40pm today, who denied all these allegations, alerting me that, a meeting was held yesterday evening at Dagrin’s father’s attorney office, Ayorinde and Ayorinde head of chambers in Ikoyi. He further went ahead saying that, they have been having meetings with the late rapper’s family since last year July and all necessary documents have been signed.
I didn’t stop at that, as I also placed a call to Tunde (Dagrin’s manager).
Tunde confirmed he actually sent out a press release, but all has been settled now, as he was also part of the meeting which took place yesterday at the attorney’s office. ‘I couldn’t just sit and fold my arms, when it came to my knowledge that one Ope Banwo is planning to shoot a movie on behalf of my artiste without my knowledge. It was after the press release that they came in touch with me. But according to Dagrin’s father, they have been in talks for quite a while now. We have settled it and I’m happy now. The only mistake they made was that they were contacting the family lawyer instead of informing us first' Tunde concluded.
An undisclosed amount was given to the family yesterday. 20% of the proceeds will still be given to them when the movie is finally released and 10% will be meant for charity. The audition for the movie is set to take place during the weekend.
Yes, whichever blog/website can come here and steal my post again without acknowledging me, thieves, Ole. Yet, they won’t comment, making it look like no one is reading, and right on their blogs, are my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment