Sunday, January 9, 2011

Comedian I Go Dye Beaten Blue Black

This to me isn’t funny at all. Comedian I Go Dye got beaten up by an army officer days back at President Goodluck Jonathan-led Warri campaign rally for former Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan. Here’s how vanguard paper reported it;
 I Go Dye and his friends including I Go Save, Oguns Baba and his manager  were allegedly brutalised by a group of  military personnel led  by a senior officer  at the Warri Stadium when they were about to mount the stage to perform.
I heard it was not a child’s play as the comedian was thoroughly beaten. Here’s what I Go Dye said about his ordeal;
“I confirm the story to be true. The soldiers beat me blue and black. Right now, I’m on my way to the hospital; and as I am talking to you, I have also instructed my lawyer to file a suit against the Nigerian Army unless they apologise in writing within a period of seven days”.
We hear Ali Baba was the Master of Ceremony, so lets hear what he has got to say;
“I had just called up I Go Dye to come on stage when a certain Colonel BA Mohammed approached with his friends including Oguns Baba, I Go Save and his manager. I Go Dye had thought the Army officer had wanted to ask him some questions but pushed him which led to him losing his balance and hitting the ground. What followed that incident was like a scene from horror movie,” Ali Baba stated.
“It was the height of callousness. I didn’t know that an Army officer of the rank of a Colonel could display such callousness. The incident led all of us to leave the stadium because the officer refused to apologise’’, he also said.
How bad                         


No comments:

Post a Comment