Sunday, July 1, 2012

For Those Who Were Not In Church Today

This is for some people who weren’t in church today. And if you were it doesn’t really matter. Take your time and read this. God bless you. This was what our Pastor preached today in Church, but most of the words are mine. You all should free me o, just read what the Lord wants you to know, plus I am also reading along too. The topic is THE ACT OF WORSHIP. Oya click to read…

Psalm 149 vs1

A lot of people go straight to God in prayers by asking him what they want. Most people forget to say a common thank you to him, before going straight to another request. He is God, when you thank him for what he has done in the past, he would be quick to grant you another request.

Jesus himself is a very good example. He would say this before praying to God, I thank you Lord because I know you will hear me. Let us cultivate the habit of thanking God. It is very important.

Take for instance, if you asked your Dad your school fees money, and after giving you, you went straight to school without saying thank you. And there comes a time you need his help again, may be money for your project. And you come home again, Dad I need some money for my project. Even though he will give you, there is something that would remind him, about how ungrateful you were.

That will weigh him down, and instead of giving you the money joyfully, he will give you reluctantly. And we know some fathers who would still say, ‘oh you rude child, I don’t have a penny for you’. You see God sometimes feel that way. But when we give him all the thanks, He is more than happy, and more than eager to give us what we asked for in abundance.

Another point is that, when you worship God, you receive answers to your prayers instantly. He neither eats Bread or Semo. Cultivate the habit of worshiping him, which is his food. 

Let’s quickly look at few ways to worship God.

Praise Him: God inhabits the praises of his people. How do you praise God? Call him his names. Tell him, he is the Alpha and Omega, the Lilly of the Valley, The One who Was, Is and Is to come, The Almighty, The unchangeable Changer, call him your Salvation and so on. God has many names and he answers to them. When you call him these names, he will be delighted.

You can make him stand from his throne and dance left and right to his praises. Imagine if God rejoices about your praises; just imagine what will happen in your life. Well I can’t wait for him to rejoice to mine, I can’t wait for his wonders and I am sure you can’t too. May he rejoice to our praises today and forever more, Amen.

Sing Unto God A new Song: A song that lifts up the spirit of God is what is called a new song. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a song no one has heard before. It could be the song you sang yesterday, but when God hears it he is delighted. Sing a song like that of Hannah: There is none holy as the Lord, like that of Moses: who is like unto thee Oh Lord.

Why don’t you sing a new song unto him right now? And as you sing it, every failed marriage will be restored, broken hearts will be healed, and you will recover all that you have lost in life. Sing unto him, and experience change in your life.

Praise God In His Congregation:  This is quite explanatory. I don’t want you to be bored so we move to the next one.

Worship God With Your Dance: I am sure a lot of us know this, but we don’t take it serious. When we see some women and men dance vigorously in church, we look at them and say in our minds, Are they okay?’ What has come over these ones?’ Yes my sister and brother, they are okay and nothing has come over them. You see, you tend to form ‘tush’, oh I can’t dance too much in public (your church). Then where can you dance? Night Clubs? Where the devil is the chief host? Oh wow, so you can dance and shake your whole body till you are worn out for devil? But you can’t dance to that extent for the God who created the Heaven and Earth. The God who created the devil himself that you have chosen to dance for? The God who made you and that can command the stones to dance and praise him if you refuse to? May God not replace you and I this evening with stones, Amen. So throw the ‘attitude’ away, ignore your education, show the Lord your dance steps, and praise him with it. I remember a General Overseer once said, when you have prayed and prayed and nothing happens, choose praising God, praise him continuously and you will see the result sooner than you expect.

You see the best place I dance is in the church. I have noticed this, when I dance people stare at me and say wow, she’s not even ‘forming’. I dance like I am in my private room, I don’t care who is watching, I am dancing to the most High God, you better go and get a sit if you want to watch me dance, because I won’t stop. With time, I noticed a lot of sisters and brothers threw caution into the air, and dance like it’s no man’s business too. You see, you can change a lot of youths in your church, especially, if you are educated and love fashion. They just want to be like you, they will say this behind you, ‘if sister Yvonne can dance like this, then why can’t I?. You have just won a soul for Christ.

I know a lot of people would say, ‘Ladun’s blog don turn into a preaching site?’ No, but what value is it, when we have almost 50,000 views every day, and we can’t talk about God? Who gave me that platform? Say all you like; she reports ‘jagons’, and what have you. You think God isn’t seeing that? You think he does not know. He knows. I am not perfect, but then, I will be more than willing to be a tool used by God.

Worship God With Instruments Of Music And Your Substance:  Mt. 26 vs 6-10

There lived a woman who had a very precious ointment, it was an expensive one. She met with Jesus and poured the ointment on his head. The Disciples of Christ were angry and said, to what is this waste? And when Jesus heard them, he said they should leave her alone and let her do what pleases her. You can’t serve God with your substance and expect him to question you. Serve him with all you have. The more you serve him with it, the double portion you receive. The popular saying, which says, givers never lack is true. Do you know the devil himself knows this? That is why when you meet anyone who has done money rituals, you will notice they spend money like there is no tomorrow, it is because they were warned not to be stingy with the resources which was given to them. The devil himself knows this law, the more you give, the more you receive, how much more unto the Lord.

Some people will be in church, while the Pastor keeps announcing how the church is in need, but we will turn deaf ears to that. We will rather take our money to beer parlours to drink wine and merry with friends and ignore the works of the house of the Lord. The more you build his house on earth, the more the Lord beautifies yours in heaven.

May the Lord give you and I the power to continue to abide in him. May He reveal himself to us more.

It was difficult for me to do this; I was supposed to have done this before now, but something wouldn’t just allow me. Finally, I thank God I did it.

And it’s a wrap, see you tomorrow. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment