Sunday, July 22, 2012

Man Kills Best Friend Over Jeans

A 25-year-old painter from Kogi State, Iman Bello, is now cooling his heels at the Divisional Police Headquarters in Gwagwalada for the murder of his best friend, Chibuzo, during a fight over a pair of jean trousers.

Recalling what happened, Iman disclosed that the deceased was his close friend and that they used to wear each other’s clothes without problems. “We were friends. We used to wear clothes together. He took my jean trouser and refused to return it,” he said. Click to continue reading…

He said things got out of control and “we started fighting. I stabbed him on the neck with a knife. Between God and man, I didn’t know I will kill him. After the thing happened, he just left. It was the next morning that I heard he had died,” Iman added.

As soon as the news of Chibuzo’s death got to Iman, he fled town to seek refuge in his brother’s house in Suleja, Niger State, but reason prevailed after his brother convinced him that such was not the best option. He advised him to hand himself over to the police, which he did.

Speaking further on the unfortunate incident, Iman said he regretted the way things turned out, saying he never knew the fight would lead to death of his best friend. “I am not a murderer and I pray that God saves me from this. I don’t want anybody’s blood on my head. If God helps me out of this problem, I will serve him all my life,” he added.

According to police records, Iman will be arraigned in court soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment