Monday, November 5, 2012

READERS MAIL: Is It Right for a Pastor to Place A Curse on His Church Workers?

Dear Ladun,

I need your advice and that of your readers too. I am a member of one of the biggest pentecostal churches in Nigeria. Ystdy, being the first sunday of the month, we usually have thanksgiving service, workers meeting and then the holy communion service to usher you into a new month.

During workers meeting ystdy, my Pastor made some pronouncements that left me Weak, Sick and gave me a sleepless night. What did he say? Please click to continue.



He said "As long as he is our pastor (he resumed last Sunday in Sept), any worker of his church that engages in Adultery and Fornication would lose his/her FIRST CHILD that is even if atall such a person gets married. The only thing that would make that Curse not stand is if Such a person comes to him to ask for Mercy.

Where I have an issue is that I don't have sex wif my boyfrnd but we kiss and touch each other n do every oda thing but no penetration. Can that be tagged as "Fornication". And infact we still did it last week. Now I'm scared because I love this boy so much and if I tell him we have to stop all what we do, he's gonna cheat on me. As it is, he's jus managing with the "no sex thing".

Fellow LLBers, where I need ur advice is

1) Should I go and meet my pastor and explain all dis things to him? (I am ashamed cos I am a daughter of a senior exco of the church and he knows my father very well).

2) Secondly if my boyfrnd of 3yrs and friend of 6yrs says he can't be my bf wif touching me, should I jus let him go? I wanna have twins as my first born and I wouldn't want dem to die.

3) Is it right for a Man of God to place those kind of curses from the Altar of God on his workers just because he wants to curb d sin of adultery and fornication.

I would be most grateful if u can post my mail. My mind hasn't been at peace since he made those declarations ystdy evening. God bless you for the great work you are doing. It is well with you IJN.

No comments:

Post a Comment