Sunday, September 11, 2011

Uti Nwachukwu Debuts on the Music Scene

Aww and he has a touching story to go with the song.
I was really scared to write because I really did not see myself as a poet… but as God would have it, I went thru a painful experience.
The funny thing is that the instrumentals were coyed for a love song called “Good thing” written for me by Owunmi, but when the Producer Shogon aka Dollar sound developed the instrumentals, all I could feel was pain. “Good thing” is a love song And dis wasn’t screaming love, it was crying pain …and as I was just recovering from a bad case of multiple backstabbing, the lyrics came easy!



Executive producer and CEO of Back to Black Records, DON AMANDO, jst said “Uti write wetin de ur mind..we go fine tune am if e nor jell” …so when I heard the instrumentals, the first words that came to my head were “ONCE IN MY LIFE”….and the words started flowing
All I had to do was spill out how I felt due to betrayal from my friends as a result of women and money. Mtrill was on his way out of town and I begged him to kill the song with a deep rap and BOY did he deliver! So much pain and anger which was perfect for the song! Mtrill KILLED IT! It’s a very emmotional song and it’s soo different from everything u hear out there!
N.B No wonder you see him hang often with Terry G these days.     

No comments:

Post a Comment